Nikwax Down Wash is a wash-in cleaner for down filled clothing & equipment.
» Prolongs the life of gear and optimises outdoor performance.
» Revitalises loft and insulation, without damaging the structure of the down.
» Maintains breathability.
» Maintains original water-repellency.
» Easy to apply - can be used in a washing machine.
» Suitable for use on all fabrics, including technical textiles.
» Lifts out dirt that can attract water and mask water repellent finishes.
» Unlike detergents, it does not leave behind water attractive residues that encourage 'wetting-out'.
» Removes detergent residues left behind by previous washes.
» Water based - environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non flammable and non hazardous.
» Does not contain fluorocarbons.
» Guaranteed performance for 4 years from manufacture.
» All feather-filled / down clothing and equipment.
Use neat Down Wash to treat stubborn stains before washing. Remove all non-washable parts.
Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions. Do not use detergents.
Machine Wash (for down clothing only):
1. Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
2. Place item in washing machine (maximum 1 item).
3. Use 3 full caps (150ml) in medium/hard water areas and 2 full caps (100ml) in soft water areas.
4. Wash according to care label, preferably on low setting and slow spin.
Hand Wash (for down clothing and sleeping bags):
1. Use gloves. Immerse item(s) in hand-hot water in bowl or bathtub.
2. For clothing use 3 full caps (150ml) in medium/hard water areas and 2 full caps (100ml) in soft water
areas for 1-2 items.
3. Agitate to mix, leave to soak for 5-10 minutes, then agitate thoroughly.
4. Rinse clothing in cold water until water runs clear. For sleeping bags repeat process, drain and gently
press bag to expel excess water.
» Spin dry 3 times (slow spin).
» If care label allows tumble dry according to manufacturer's instructions on a low setting until 'clumps'
» Shaking and patting the item regularly during drying process will help restore loft to the down.